I had some sort of mental block that was keeping me from getting this working. But it is. Now I can add golf players from the contacts list properly, add them to the list and have the integerPicker widget for each hole. The score card will list an entire round that can be scrolled horizontally very easily and allow one to manage scores for any number of players. If the list is longer than the screen it also scrolls vertically properly. I still have to add some user management, to allow one to remove players as well. Hopefully will have it maintaining scores before the end of the day and also able to save the data between application opening/closings.
I’ve got some more work done on my golf application for webOS and the pre. Here is a mockup of what the current state looks like on the pre. I’ve also uploaded a small screen capture video clip of it simulating gps movement after the break.
Here are some screenshots of my webOS golf application I’m developing for the Palm pre. It draws all the information dynamically from gps recorded information and allows one to zoom in and out and drag the course around.
Eventually, it will do all the scoring an location tracking with distance calculations. Unfortunately I don’t yet have access to the Mojo SDK yet. Hopefully it will come soon as the Palm pre is to be released on June 5th/6th. I know I’ll be up early that morning or there early the night before trying to pick up a pre.
Well… I had previously mentioned that I got the longitude / latitude conversions to/from pixel x/y working. Here is a snippet of the two functions that will hopefully be helpful to some of you out there. (more…)
I’ve had a “fun” couple days trying to figure out how to convert Lat/Long both to and from pixel x/y values. It took me a lot longer than I thought it would. I will post some code in another post, when I’ve had a chance to clean it up and make sure it works properly. What a struggle. Still waiting for the Palm pre to be released so I can officially begin development of my new app.
Ok.. so I got around to figuring out states and the context.save() and context.restore() stuff. So test number 1 (click here for test 1) is a very simple test to try and understand these functions. And test number 2 (click here for test 2) is built on top of yesterdays posted example.
Very cool stuff. I can’t wait to get access to the webos mojo sdk and start building this app. I still have some mapping stuff I need to figure out but at least all the pieces are coming together.